The second Soundtrap EDU Summit will kick off later this month, following the successful inaugural event in the fall. This free online conference, dedicated to student voice and empowerment, will equip educators with practical strategies for helping your students create and design a successful future.
When is the Summit and how do I register?
The online event will take place from March 22 – 26. Registration is completely free at https://edu.soundtrap.com/summit/
Once the Summit begins on March 22, you’ll receive an email each day with a new video presentation, which can be watched on-demand. The videos will be supplemented by downloadable PDF notes and you can generate a certificate of completion for one professional development hour for each video you watch.
Who is presenting and what are the topics?
Speakers will include music and STEAM educators, multimedia storytellers, authors, digital media experts, and more. The featured presenters include:
- Rowena Atkins―CEO, Song Academy
- Marcus Blackwell―CEO and Founder, Make Music Count
- Micaela Blei―Educator, Storyteller and Story Editor
- Bob Habersat―High School Teacher and Founder, Shed the Music
- Deron Hall―Arts/Philanthropy Exec., Music for Liberation
- Natasha Jain―Actor, Hong Kong
- Matt Miller―Educator, Speaker and Author of Ditch That Textbook
- Tim Needles―Art and Media Teacher, and Author of STEAM Power
- Wayne Watts―Co-Founder, Dream Create Inspire Tour
- Claudio Zavala, Jr.―Digital Media Consultant, I Am Claudius LLC
Presenters will deliver content that is both practical and inspirational. A few of the important topics are listed below:
- Building community through music
- Inspiring students with music competitions
- Integrating STEAM into music instruction
- Student podcasting
- Using improv to unlock student creativity
More presenters and topics will be announced as the Summit approaches.
What else should I know?
Not only will you learn a lot by participating in the Summit, but you’ll also build a network with educators from all over the world. Together, you’ll be building your skills and preparing to help students achieve their potential. Learn more and sign up at https://edu.soundtrap.com/summit/